French Fries : Crispy and Delicious

I have a love for french fries ! Over the years I have made them over and over.  I like the frozen ones that come from the store, and I make those quite often, but my favorite is homemade ones !
Since I dont have a deep fryer, I make my french fries in a big fry pan.  You can also use a dutch oven which I have, but for me the best way is just a fry pan.  Mind you I have to turn the french fries once or twice and if you used a deep fryer or dutch oven, you wouldn't need to do that.

Recipe:

2 large potatoes
Crisco
salt and pepper for seasoning

After thoroughly washing the potatoes, peel the skin
Cut into french fry pieces according to the thickness desired
Fry in the crisco until golden brown on each side, turning once or so  


After you remove the french fries from the pan, put on a paper towel so the fat drains, season with salt and pepper and enjoy !


Comments

Popular Posts