Cottage Style

There are many factors that define outdoor cottage style.  The white picket fence, garden roses, brick pathways, wrought iron.
 The cottage look is one of my favorites outdoors and indoors  because it is such an easy casual look and it reminds me of when I was growing up and my family and I  would spend our summers at our cottage.  Since the cottage was a second home, one we used mostly in the summer and fall since Canadian winters are horribly cold and that coldness sometimes dragged well onto spring.  Well being a second home, all the furniture and furnishings were second hand, bought at garage sales, flea markets and thrift stores. 
Nowadays the cottage look is exactly just that.  Things bought second hand at flea markets, garage sales and thrift stores for your home.  For a comfy, casual, no fuss look.  Nothing has to match, but everything should go together and that is what will make for a nice home !
Happy Monday !

Comments

Popular Posts