Chicken and Dumpling Soup

Today I was in the mood for chicken and dumpling soup.  No it is not cold here yet, but if I wait for it to be colder I think that I will be waiting forever !
I added some fresh basil from my garden just to give it a little bit of color. 
Ingredients :
3 chicken legs and thighs cut in pieces
5 cups water
bullion to taste
1 potatoe cut in squares
1 carrot cut in squares
1 rib celery cut in squares
1 cup peas
3 tlbs of flour
Busquick

In a dutch oven, brown the 3 chicken pieces with the flour.  Add the remainder of the ingredients and simmer 1 hour or until the chicken is falling off the bone.
Remove the chicken from the soup and let cool.  When cool remove from the bone and shred and add back to the soup. 
Follow the directions on the Bisquick box and add the dumplings to the soup. 
Garnish with basil or parsley and enjoy ! 

Comments

Popular Posts